What we have to offer...
As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-performance metals and materials, GfE is known for superior products and amazing innovations. Whether it’s sputter targets for coated architectural glass, titanium aluminides for engines, ceramic layers for printers, or spherical metal powder for 3D printers: products manufactured by GfE are utilized in traditional as well as innovative industries. We cover a range from metallic and ceramic materials for PVD coatings to alloys and functional materials to technical powders and vanadium chemicals. In total, the GfE portfolio comprises more than 250 materials.
Our current product portfolio focuses on:
- Coating materials
- Metal powders
- Special semi-finished products
- Thermal spray coating
- Titanium aluminides
- Vanadium chemicals
What we have to offer? High-end metals and materials.
- Aluminum industry
- Catalytic converter industry
- Chemical plant and apparatus engineering
- Decorative coatings
- Display industry
- Electrical/Electronics industry
- Enamel industry
- Energy and environmental technology
- Energy storage
- Film coatings
- Foundry and steel industry
- Glass industry
- Hydrogen storage
- Large-area coating
- Medical technology
- Metallurgical industry
- Optical industry
- Paint and ceramic industry
- Solar and photovoltaics industry
- Superalloy industry
- Titanium alloy industry
- Wear resistance
GfE Gesellschaft für Elektrometallurgie mbH was founded in 1911. Today, we employ 500 staff at our production sites in Germany and North America.
The GfE group comprises five companies:
- GfE Gesellschaft für Elektrometallurgie mbH, Nuremberg
- GfE Metalle und Materialien GmbH, Nuremberg
- GfE Fremat GmbH, Brand-Erbisdorf
- FNE Forschungsinstitut für Nichteisen-Metalle GmbH, Freiberg
- AMG TITANIUM ALLOYS & COATINGS LLC, New Castle, PA, USA
Our characteristics? Responsible leader in technologies and
niche market provider for highly specialized material applications.
GfE is a company of the AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V., Netherlands. With more than 3,100 employees worldwide, AMG is one of the leading corporations in the production of special metals and metallurgical products as well as vacuum systems.
Together, we want to demonstrate the strong position of AMG on the market. For this reason, the GfE companies also use the AMG logo and carry the affix AMG TITANIUM ALLOYS & COATINGS to emphasize our focus on growth. Enjoy the options an international company has to offer.